Monday, August 15, 2011

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make people accept the idea of the vegetarian lifestyle?

I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian on moral grounds since I was 11-years-old. This is very very important and huge factor in making up who I am. Somehow, people never seem to understand. They give me funny looks like I'm nuts and MOST of them even say things like "I'm gonna make you the best steak ever" or "Here, want a bite of my hamburger?" except for the very few who comment on just how cool it really is. And I do think it's cool. It was an idea presented to an 11-year-old and something that wound up sticking throughout adolesence, teen years, and young adulthood. It is me! I really just want to know how to help others accept that other people having an opinion or lifestyle other than their own is not only NOT wrong, but right! That is, after all, what the world runs on...where would we be if we all looked, acted, and thought the same?!? C'mon, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment